Saturday, September 12, 2020

Word of mouth



From my world, harsh words
have cleared, superfluous germs
clouding my brain; they were once
dear to me. Now gone, they’ve left
me tad alone, withal, I wander light,
in insane ecstasy.

Nurturing, nursing of such
fustian, false feelings
suffocated me, like weeds,
a momentary satisfaction that
drowned me in the quagmire
of addiction.

I shun myself from the troubled
world. In self-quarantine, I worked
on the internecine thoughts that
weakened me the most,
depleted my soul.   

Slowly and surely, I understood why
in places of worship, unkindness has
no place, why on those hallowed pages
we have the choicest of sentences; why t
he idols and angels are 
adorned with 
treasured ornaments.

I promise myself, to behold
my body as the best place where
I will create a solemn universe,
I will pray there every moment
of the day. With energizing
awareness, pure feelings will bond 
with innocent letters to form
graceful words, as offerings;
like nectars, they will heal me,
the caring atmosphere, and
the listeners.

2 comments:

  1. Yes words have the power to hurt and to heal and can make of break a bond. Good message .

    ReplyDelete