Monday, July 13, 2015

The journey of a poet

Image credit: Google images












I understand who I am
through the records of my life I land
in sound, silence
some heard, some felt I write my lines
through the pleasures and pains,
I look at the world, my world, I overcome intolerance
stories I lose, restore in the choice of possibilities
capture in words, in the comfort, agony of the sailing times
I ooze energy from within; to the smiling, smirking I witness
my boat moves, stops with the mild, wailing waves
I discover myself also as a cloud in the midst of a constant journey
with the patient presence of sky in my demeanor
my determined, humble steps to push and survive turn the earth on
I procreate lives with love as I scribble along
with experience, I turn every leaf with care; some gained, some left
in all my relentless, transient, windy, gained, annulled moments
I come ashore as a common man, a preferred poet



This poem can also be enjoyed inversely, from line 17 to line 1; it's as if you are moving upwards, taking a leap! The French version is available in the blog with the name 'Le trajet d'un poète'. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment