Friday, April 16, 2021

I will remind myself












I will remind myself
in every moment of my life
that I will die, I will die, I will die

I want to kill all the germs in me
that cheat, hate, compete, and lie;
I want to destroy the monsters
that are jealous, capricious, and angry,
I want to awaken the part of my brain
that forgets my death; in every breath
I take, I will bethink I will die,
I will die, I will die

I forgive you, you, and you
I forgive, that, this, and that,
at the drop of a hat, I forget
all sins that made me cry,
but I’ll always recall I will die,
I will die, I will die

I want to live on the page,
I want to love at every stage,
I want to sing, dance, play,
all along my way, beyond
borders, boundaries, overlooking
centuries of agonizing histories;
I want to make love with you,
my lustrous light, but hey I want
to say, every night and day 
that I will also die,
I will never ever deny that
I will die, I will die, I will die

I will remind myself
in every moment of my life
that I will die, I will die, I will die

2 comments:

  1. Very sensitively composed.
    Here's mine, in similar vein:

    Entreaty
    Slowly, stealthily, steadily, sturdily
    They come slithering in, the six foes
    Lust, Anger, Greed, Temptation, Hubris, Envy
    To invade, smudge, stain, soil, blotch
    The pristine white garment of my being.
    I wash, scrub, rinse to no avail, until
    My last weary breath tapers off into the faraway black hole.
    Darkness triumphs.
    Speckles of life escape, scatter into the vast, silent nothingness . . .
    *
    Come back to me, I beseech you
    Come you, myriad sounds and hues, the flavours, the fragrances
    Come hand in hand, bounding and bouncing
    Come singing and dancing, for, I now have for you to pervade
    To fructify
    A warm, snug, cosy
    Womb.
    © Shubha Khandekar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shubha, this is excellent. I could see the perfect alignment of thought through much refined words that befit to bloom in the garden you had so beautifully constructed. Well done.
      Best.
      Supratik

      Delete