Tuesday, August 23, 2016

The canvas


I needed another rape or a gun attack
To complete the canvas.
But the brushes are busy painting
Something else that sells.

No, but this is the hot topic of hypocrites
That pushes the limits of hallagulla.

Even with my poor communication skills
I tried to convince,
Like the salesman who visited me one afternoon
When I was beginning to smoke my hookah
I didn’t even see what eureka
Of a product he was carrying
He might have brought a dead victim
But I didn’t check with him
He’d been trained to defend his deed
Much like those attackers planting the seed
Of deaths, of charcoaled breaths.
Alas! I knew I wouldn’t have to wait too long
To complete my canvas.

A rectangular page divided in two parts
The sky embracing the hills,
The meadow displaying the arts.


No comments:

Post a Comment