Wednesday, August 19, 2020

No strings attached


I had my strings clotted
In my playing instrument,
A stubborn knot
Jutting deafening sounds;
The beautiful tune
Lost its ground,
Unrecognisable voice,
A screeching noise. 

I sat alone, under
A comforting tree
Maybe
Like Gogo or Didi,
I pulled out the strings
Gently, one by one
I couldn't believe to see
The lost battle, won. 

I got back the rhythm
The fascinating melody
I sang, I danced
In insane ecstasy
'This is it! The real me!'
I heard me say, I played
Myself, wandered away;
Surprised to see
I got back my friends,
My relatives, my loving family
I got back everything
So dear to me! 

Now, no strings attached
My instrument can play
A mesmerising song
That I lost for long;
In an unknown space,
Under a comforting tree
My strings were free,
I found my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment