Thursday, September 25, 2014

Click

Click

The picture hanging on the wall
Of my mind,
Click!
I first blink at the blank,
My image of the scene visits
The strange place, with familiar tastes!

Distance worms and coils close,
Like semi-cooked noodles,
Waiting to travel into that same reluctant mouth
For good,
Click!
It has just returned from work with me,
With its necessity without volition!

Out there, with the hanging fruit,
What can I do?
How far can the hunger carry?
The long nights in the middle of the days,
Everything seems known, mundane
In my overcooked brain.
Click!
Yet its eagerness survives.

When the sun enlightens or darkens the east,
The recipe has trained me to think of the west,
Impertinent,that with all these marinated materials,
My tongue is tuned for a fresh course.
Click!
I know it's there somewhere waiting
Gathered raw, seasoned and cooked.
Like you,
Discounting everything that is frozen dry in the frame,
I am waiting to listen once more,
And recognize the sound!

25 September 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment