Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Known stranger

Known stranger

We've been together for quite some time, 
It seems as if it’s a little while; 
You came unto me to write an old rhyme, 
With your big eyes and angelic smile. 
  
Been through our bit to compose our song, 
The story that had its own right and wrong; 
‘twas real for sure, so sweet and sound, 
We walked along we danced around. 
  
The days like these sailed by and by, 
I became old you remained so young; 
Left me behind I couldn’t fly, 
To traverse the sea so vast and long. 
  
Here’s to past our good old days, 
The key to the room with so many tales; 
Has many more bits that could have been told, 
Together with us that weren’t so cold. 
  
I bid you a bye I haven’t a way, 
To ask you to be and beg you to stay; 
Now if you meet me anywhere, 
Smile at least to this known stranger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment