Friday, October 13, 2023

Soldiers of the world

https://www.idea.int/sites/default/files/news/
Natural%20Hazards%20and%
20Elections_%20Pic.png







Soldiers of the world
With your philanthropic action

Spread the good word
Unite! Unite! Unite!
Do not fight and cannibalize;
It is your flesh and blood.

Soldiers of the world
Lead like the seraphic shepherd
With your gifted skills
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Those earthquakes, floods,
Fight those wildfires, volcanoes,
For you are the real heroes.

Soldiers of the world
Plead with the leaders
Tell them what was till
date unheard, that you'll
not use weapons anymore
to bloodbath my corpse
talk to them, convince them
conquer their egos
verbal duels, violent
Incendies, innuendo. 

Soldiers of the world,
Not of one country alone!
No more! No! No!
Not to traumatize, shatter me
Anymore, change your archaic
Roles, caregivers of the world
You are, from now on, the
True caretakers.
Tell them you'll challenge your
Antiquated tasks, your
Superannuated goals.

Soldiers of the world
Violating me, aren't you tired?
For ages, you fought with
Yourselves bled and died
Became the forgotten blue-eyed
They buried and burnt your
unfinished lives.
Now live! Live! Live!
Safeguard the sole village,
Save those helpless, hapless,
exiled, homeless souls.

Soldiers of the world
Listen to my voice
From now and here
Nowhere would you belong

To the automated herd...

I am the lone earth, your solitary
Place of birth, your forgiving mom
Now, your vulnerable child,
I beseech you not to be wild
With folded hands, I ask you, the
Soldiers of the world, to hold me
Dear, to hold me tight.
Unconsciously, you despoiled
my wealth, your soil is screeching
here and now for happiness and health. 

I am your Europe, I am your Americas,
I am Asia, New Zealand, your Australia,
I am Antarctica; I am your Africa
I own Israel; I own Palestine
I own Russia; Ukraine is mine.
Unite! Unite! Unite! For the
Sake of those silvery moonlit
Nights, for the sake of those
Promising golden sunshine.

2 comments: