Wednesday, March 4, 2020

I will perform nevertheless



Nature says, 'I do have a huge audience
Who love to see my performance.
They don't follow me
Yet, wherever I shower, they follow
They listen to my streams that flow
They treasure high and low
My beauty, my bounty;

Yet, they don't listen to me.

I bloom, they bomb
I heal, they kill
I support, they stab
I give, they grab
I unite, they divide
I love, they hate
I offer opulence, happiness
They bring poverty, sadness;
Guns, weapons, plastics, mechanical madness
Crowd the ground, cloud them night and day
In me, they invent unnatural tools;
But they praise my play
In action, or in silence,
Unemulated, my stage is perpetually houseful.

They see me, they hear
What I do for them
With emotion and intelligence,
They sing, write pages
About me, but I wonder since ages
What's gone wrong with their sense
For many inactive, inert yearsThey remained passive spectators;
They've chanted hymns, holy prayers
All in words, lifeless words,
While through their deeds,
Nurtured hatred, suicidal violence

For a long time,
They've not used their pairs
Of eyes and ears.

I will wait for you with patience.
For you, my supreme audience
I will perform nevertheless.'

16 comments:

  1. An excellent poem by Supratik Sen! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Glad you liked it. Let us keep supporting each other for a better world.

      Delete
  2. Lovely poem depicting the longing of nature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Your words of encouragement mean a lot.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your constant support. Glad you liked it.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful one sir, enjoyed reading it.You've given nature a much needed voice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your summary. Glad you liked it. Coming from you, it means a lot.

      Delete
  5. You've voiced Mother Earth's anguish with empathy. I particularly loved the second stanza. It touches one's heart to the core. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your appreciation. It means a lot to me.

      Delete
  6. Lovely poem from your blessed one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lucid poem with a purport of eco-cum-social harmony which every sane & responsible person should heed. Congrats, dear Supratik.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's an amazing piece sir! Could relate the current world situation to every single word!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading and commenting. Glad you liked it.

      Delete