Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Of nothing else










Taliban! For a long time
It had the better of me this word,
I could only think of terror and crime
When it appeared in my world;
Of it, the more I heard and saw
It costumed as the truth, without any flaw
It played its role on stage
For years consumed horror and bloodshed
Until I went to the dais, without a borrowed mirror
And looked at the word I caused pain, freed it from my obstinate cage

I will change its mask; I will change its dress
I will paint it afresh with a complete new face
Some will witness in it for sure some sense

The word now speaks to me of tolerance
Of acceptance, love, intelligence
Of brotherhood, affluence and newness

Of nothing else, of nothing else

I have changed it completely
And with it will change my reality

O what a beautiful word this is
It holds everything I need
How did I overlook, how did I miss
The word is kind indeed.



Words have a deep impact on our thoughts. In fact, we are nothing but words! Thoughts give rise to feelings, feelings to actions, actions to habits. Habits make our personality which in turn becomes our destiny. In view of this, the poem tries to change our destiny by changing the thought of a particular word that's troubling our world.

This poem is dedicated to those who have taught me how thoughts create our own destiny

The Brahmakumaris
Deepak Chopra
Wayne Dyer
Osho
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Eckhart Tolle
Oprah Winfrey
Home of Abraham-Hicks

No comments:

Post a Comment