Wednesday, May 21, 2014

You did nothing!

You did nothing!

Baba! I am going to be nineteen!
I told you I don't want to grow up;
And you did nothing?

There's college getting over,
Career's calling me now,
The race round the corner,
I'd face that! How?

Was happy with Ma and you
Guiding day and night,
The tree that sheltered anew,
In the wrong and right!

We'd play some day,
Scrabbles, hide and seek,
You'd drive us long,
With Simba, Ma and me!

I woke up every day,
To see my Ma and you,
Drinking morning tea,
And cleaning, mopping too!

Now you're growing old,
You said you'd never do;
You will be my child,
I promise that to you!

But Baba! I am going to be nineteen?
I told you I don't want to grow up;
And you did nothing!


(Baba means father; Ma mother; Simba, the pet dog’s name)

No comments:

Post a Comment