Thursday, May 22, 2014

Trivandrum

I was in Trivandrum
For some five short years,
The city beats its drum
In my heart and my ears!

It never ever cares
To be showy, friendly and polite,
The energy that it shares
Is warm, special and bright!

People are direct, true to the letter,
If you get hurt it’s a choice you’d know better;
These are little things missing on other grounds,
Eyes may go moist but they also sing aloud.

And on most weekend eves!
The beckoning beach to beat the peeves!
Or the favourite museum!
That plays till date a quiet hum,
In the trail of Trivandrum!
Those hot mouth-watering dishes!
Of parathha, omelet, fishes,
My family knows the taste,
That matches the very best.
Served so hot and neat
All we had to do,
Was to enjoy chat and eat!
As a sign-off to the feast
Were juices, to say the least!

Friends with whom I did or didn't mellow,
I know they’re beyond the wall,
With a little sudden hello,
I connect with the call!

And rains O the rains!
What rains I have seen!
That freshens when you drain!
And keeps you evergreen!

Mosques, temples, churches,
On a common stable ground,
Power of prayer preaches,
Harmony all around!

I have never seen a place
As embracing as a tree,
A wind of warmth and grace
In this God’s own country!

This poem that was floating on my mind since a long, long time as a promise to the city. Today, on Thursday 22 May 2014, I am happy that I have fulfilled my promise to Thiruvananthapuram.

No comments:

Post a Comment