Monday, April 28, 2014

Reflection















I have come to my place!
Calm, quiet, serene…
Full of bliss, all the time,
Fruits and flowers,
Animals and birds,
I call my playmates;
Water’s so clean,
In the ponds where I bathe!
Huts that I thatch,
Foods that I cook and eat,
Cows that I milk and feed,
I play when I work,
From dawn to dusk,
I am ready, always…
Prepared to take off!

Readers might have a different feeling if they decide to read from the last line to the first.

Sorry for asking you to read twice, but I guess it is necessary because, although there is not much of a difference between landing and taking off, the poem tries to catch the sense that is somewhere in between these two actions, and perhaps also because it is a modest step to create a sense of poem working against gravity… not disrespecting the law of gravity, but exploring what happens when the sense also rises above.

No comments:

Post a Comment