Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Father-daughter at the moment

My child, my daughter, is ready to leave 
Her bag is packed. To study she has to go 
In some other town she’d be a sophomore. 

What is a baby pig called? Piglet 
A baby eagle? Eaglet 
And a baby swan? Cygnet 
She’d answer these questions on my lap 
Her soft puny self her butts firmly on my folded right arm 
Her water bottle and bag hanging from my left shoulder 
Her hands stretched she’d completely throw her without a care 
Her face and little hair hanging a tad above the ground 
In a second would come up and touch my cheek 
With her hand around my neck 
And shout Piglet, Eaglet, and Cygnet baba…ha ha ha! 

Just put your right foot forward 
When you are on the escalator, like this, 
Every day I had to show and tell her so… 

My child, my daughter, is ready to leave 
Her bag is packed. To study she has to go 
In some other town she’d be a sophomore.

No comments:

Post a Comment