Wednesday, October 9, 2013

angst

angst

I don’t know 
If it was just a spark from the rainbow; 
I saw it upon closing my eyes, 
It disappeared before I could name it 
My eyes opened. 
  
The Sun at night and the Moon in the morning 
Look fatigued before me just as I am told. 
The grasses on my head and the hair on the meadow 
Detached and disconnected. 
I wonder if they were born for any function at all, 
Though their colors change when they’re tired, 
Between brown and white muddled in time… 
I see a seed in the womb a child in the bud 
Waiting to be named and dying to grow. 
  
I can see when I am blind can hear when I am deaf, 
In the painter’s symphony and in the musicians canvas. 
  
Confused in twilight numbed in the rainbow 
When meanings lose track; 
We look back and think, 
The spark where did it come from 
And where did it go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment