Sunday, June 16, 2019

I want to be



The title is not incomplete
Just in case
You're looking for any suspense.

For the aim inside me
Just wants to be...

The soul wants to bloom
With all its seven properties;
Happiness, power, peace
Love, purity, knowledge, bliss.

With all of these
Priceless qualities
I'm rich, wealthy, wise
I have the stars in my eyes.

I want to be Buddha
Not a Buddhist,
Jesus, not a Christian
Mohammed, not a Muslim
Krishna, not a Hindu.

The world has imprisoned
The guys
In places of worship
With garlands, incense sticks,
Worse still, they're in words
They're bound within scriptures.

They come to me in disguise
In the dead of a night
Whisper all these in my ears...
That they're conditioned in chains
For many many years
With tears in their eyes
Kisses on their lips
They're recounting me these
As bedtime stories,
That they want to be free.

All of this though
I can never share you know.
I wouldn't even dare
To hurt people's sentiment
They'll think of me as irreverent,
As insane, or irrelevant?
But what do I care
I have Him by my side
I'm not afraid anymore
To breathe in their air.

With folded hands,
Genuflecting knees
I would never expect you
To marry me.

But I'd lay bare what they say
In every minute of the day,
Be like us, not follow us
We never killed, nor hated others.
Preaching is more important
Than the Preacher
How could you disrespect the teachings
And claim to love the Teacher?

Live up to the words
Otherwise lifeless,
Act upon them.
You can be who you are
And enjoy being in the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment