Saturday, September 9, 2017

Piano-writing

I am piano-writing
my fingers
agile, numb, nimble
at different times
caressing the key-board
do re me
in many combinations
planting thoughts
on the patient page
rhyming with time
timing with rhyme
this moment I am on the cliff
and in seconds
I see myself in deep sea
experiences expressed
I desperately want them to stay

but they are going away
like the beautiful snake
pious teeth people call poisonous
leaving, forever leaving
flowing like the dews and the rains
hissing the mystery
missing the history
one by one
all at once
crowded, glowing
wanting to tell the stories
spaced in truth
lighting the fire
fighting the liar

I am a doer
I will never give up
I told the stars
mountains and rivers
listened with care

writing is my prayer
in whatever forms and norms
without a piano in sight
it is vivid in my mind
tapping
​​​​​​​my fingers
agile, numb, nimble
weaving the words
tales of my worlds
toning the notes
noting the tones
all seven of them
and more
again and again

No comments:

Post a Comment