Saturday, May 20, 2017

Puppets

Puppets around me
rest inside, as words
heavy, call me names
I brood I blame
I throw them away
cannot forget,
they come back again
stand on my way
pretending to empower
without them I cower
their company I regret
I become their puppet.

One fine day,
a puppet goes away
I look at the mirror
there’s no trace of horror!

I bring all the rest,
one by one
very slowly I set them free
under my own behest
release with kindness, from me
they are done
feeling new, I know I have won.

Addiction of power has left
I meet those dolls again, from time to time
I'm not threatened with puppet words
I have cleaned my clouded
discolored intellect
marionettes dancing light,
right in front of me
with their soul and their mind,

words coalesce, sing and rhyme.

No comments:

Post a Comment