Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Listening to a photo

















I took your photo, some time ago
when exactly was it, I wouldn’t know
I take a look, listen carefully
in it I see a message
suddenly, stunningly
coming clearly from the image
hidden till now in the printed page
I observe the waters, rays, its hues
but if you were rising or setting, I have no clue.

Wouldn’t scientists and artists also fail
to tell the time and track the trail.

Each day you reel off the story
affectionately, cleverly
glimmers exactly the same
stable, no matter what,
has become mundane
its warmth, charm
unending flow, energizing calm
perhaps not even worth a look
we have you by default, it seems by fluke
rays embrace every corner of the earth
pouring zest in life and its blissful births
crimson demeanor, composed,  clear
your welcome and farewell a daily welfare.

Even the sides here take your side
look-alike twins, cleverly hide
merging as one, in waters they glow
in the picture I took some time ago.

Then why is this world a restless affair,
wars and weapons so distinctly unfair,
ruling the soil and ruining the air;
be with us, the way you are
until within us your rays appear
we concur to rise and set as friend
listening to you, from end to end,
sides be free from the mindless cage
together with all, in this moving stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment