Friday, October 9, 2015

The world speaks













I am the world,
A prosaic plot.
While rhymes, as I speak
or write in your hearts
could go groping for words
Let me see if my thoughts
That seek energies from your beats
would be legible enough.

My leaves and my grasses tremble in fear
Shivering foams whisper
Scared, wonder
Will at all
The visible divides from the minds
disappear?

I wish I were a little coddled.
Without skirmish, feuds of bruises, scratches
Human beings, the most intelligent
Hurting me with powerful weapons
Powerless, weak, primitive still
They appear rough.

I wish
They sat together
Anywhere
On the mountains, hilltops,
rivers, oceans
And discussed...
How to function without weapons
The reason to fight in the jungles
Is so strong, stubborn
But today!
Of what use are they
I am theirs, all theirs, anyway
I will be there, as it were,
All along, all the way!

Silly,
To focus willy-nilly
Outside of me
Sorry, I am plenty
To their urge for poverty
I can never gift them scarcity.

(The look shifts...pouring with affection... the dawn breaks...with brooks, waves and dewdrops, the world now directly talks)

Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia, Oceania
You divided me first into continents
Then into countries, cities
Regions, languages, religions, dogmas, faiths
With each divide you still host and adorn,
A weapon is reborn
Its reflection comes to you
in various types and forms.

How many weapons would you have right now? Right here!
Do you have any account, any number?
From your indulgent slumber,
Won’t you ever wake up, my dears!

In the factories where they are produced
Invent something else that will not abuse
Me, my worth and my wealth
I wish you happiness, peace and health.

I want rich countries to remain rich,
Let wealth for the poor come within their reach...
How
This is what!
This is what you need to think and engage
I am abundant and endless
Think anew; think afresh,
for my sake, for my sake!

You worship gods, but devils you hold dear
Whom you respect you keep afar
Whom you follow, you yourselves dread and fear.
Take my word
Look at me, please
I am the only visible boon from your God.

Weapons are countless, a weeping stock
Built, invented with honesty and sincerity to kill
Drop those objects in my oceans.
Or better still
With all of them,
You can build a country
A new skill, it’s a new skill!
The slaughter pieces will shelter
A memento, will it be, a reminder.
Build it with the same vim and vigour
An iron place
for the tired and the fatigued in them
Don’t know if I’m planting a seed here,
Speaking to you,
or just writing a poem.

I plant this thought – to function weapon-less
Yes, weapon-less
Our only pride, only growth
True mark of progress
To be able to function weapon-less

It is possible, it is time now, give me your word
Try it for a change, in medias res
I am all you have, focus!
I am your world.

(The look shifts...affection unbound... the world now speaks, all around...)

Let them
Let them look at the shivering leaves and grasses
The whispering foams trembling on the beaches
Released, unafraid
Let them look!
They are my new goose bumps
On thinking how pampered will I be!
When on this very stage, at long last
A new drama will begin
Through the winsome heartbeats!
A world anthem will sing
When weapons and guns
Would belong to the past
They’d cease to be used in me

No comments:

Post a Comment