Thursday, October 15, 2015

Pervert

Water boiling... morning tea in the making
My east-facing kitchen and my bedroom get the morning sun
My wife also suggested a glass door in the balcony
From where comes every morning the soft sun
My wife, asleep... half of her body is sun’s
The rest, shadow’s...my world looks beautiful, complete
I smell her hair, my black nest
She’s my married wife ... Married wife? What kind of an expression is that!
I am standing...looking empty and hollow...am I a pervert?

Suddenly a rage ran through my nerves
Desdemona! What on earth are you doing with him? O, that’s why the glass, is it?
Wait...kill him I will... I pull the heavy curtain
She takes the quilt and embraces it inside her
O the quilt, the bed sheet, the pillows
All seem like scattered handkerchiefs... Desdemona! Am I a pervert?

‘Hon, where’s the tea?’
Just a minute darling... about turn...the mirror traps me in horror
I rush to the kitchen. Boy! The sun has washed all the water away
‘Honey...where’s my tea?’I know a full honey is not so sweet.
A wind blows through the leaves of the tree that my kitchen covers
The one we planted some years ago. Honey!
Just a minute love! No, no... I am not going there until the tea is done
Through the breezy branches, the sun winks at me sniggering in the roaring chirps
‘Pervert’!

No comments:

Post a Comment