Monday, September 17, 2012

Tell us how show us now


Tell us how show us now

I was standing lonely on a mound 
Thinking and talking to myself, 
‘Tell me how, show me now 
To break the walls of Self 
From the books, from the prow 
From the pelf and the pound’ 
  
The invisible walls of dissension 
Standing so wide and tall 
Of faith, of trust, of skin and crust 
Taught to us and followed sans gumption 
Fight we should, fight we must 
From winter to the fall 
  
For who taught us Love? We fight for that Man? 
For the Book? That talks of Peace? 
We fight for them! To guard our clan! 
Put brooks and rocks amiss! 
Thinking thus I felt a pain, 
From my heart till the brain. 
  
From the mound I see a crowd. 
Raging and rushing unto me, 
They’ll kill me, I thought aloud 
O let them come I’ll die for free. 
I stand on the mound praying for Love and Peace 
They’ll chop me dead blow off my head and throw it in abyss. 
  
Hey noh! Look what is it that I hear! 
They’re singing? ‘Show us now, tell us how 
To break the walls of Fear’ 
My jaw dropped, my surprised brow 
Thought, they’re passing me by…how? 
The song ran all so clear, from nearly everywhere! 
  
I quickly joined the crowd, 
Jumped off the Selfish mound, 
The Song so danced around 
From the heaven to the ground, 
‘Tell us how, show us now’ 
Seems so sweet and sound. 

No comments:

Post a Comment