Friday, August 31, 2012

delinquent


delinquent

You sound sweet, they have to admit.
There’s a sense of melody,
The noise is, when you strive to sit.
On their treasured measured property
Every time I look at you,
Your rhythm only blesses me
Binds letters with destiny,
I wonder why the sound and look
Don’t marry with the meaning book?
You look and sound so delicate
How horrid is your worth so then!
Do the kids who stick to you
Come from a different den!

Oyé O cries Peter Pan
Santa, Tooth fairy, Piper don’t show
All stuck in caravan.
Have left the town with time and age
Red with anger, wise and rage?
Calling me, so I don’t grow
Calling me so, I don’t grow.
My eyes don’t yet go off your sight
Although, I read and sing until it lies
Soft are they so sitting right?

With open eyes I realise
Rain of questions pouring in
Logic, sense is all within.
They ragged me when I didn’t know
Was hiding in the address though?
They dragged, and threw me out of schools
Teams of learned, grown up fools.
They find me weird and crooked still
Drag me to the court to show
Pluck me like a daffodil?

The word and worth are not to flow.
All I longed was to just exist,
So sat on you, to all resist.
I go back where my nest is strong
Unchained from your worth to be,
Standing on the property
Hey tell them not to get me wrong
For they are also kids like me,
Pass me off as elegant?
The crime of rhyme from time to grow
Can hide inside a silent saint!
In their eyes and ears I’m happy to be
Forever crude, rude and delinquent! 

2 comments:

  1. Excellent! Niswabda eto niswabda keno? FB e dao!
    gautam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gautam! Ami kono kobita publish korlei FB-te post kori...my friends are encouraging me a lot to write more. Tomar thheke ami jante chaibo jodi kono poet-der authentic website thhake tahole amake janate.
      Your contribution in terms of translating Beaudelaire in Bengali is extremely significant. Ekhhon onno kono onubad korchho kina janio. I am looking for time to translate Yves Bonnefoy, janina kotodine hobe.

      Delete