Monday, December 28, 2015

Pursuit













My moment has arrived, in time devoured
Extent to complete hanging onto my hat
Contour of the verge scored
Glimmer of a fiction or fact.

How implausibly stable I’d think,
The demeanour of the constant while,
I’d float in the immovable wave of time
In the preface of my story’s ink.

With hand-holding years seemingly few
Stages slowly passed by
Confines time and again anew
Made me forget, wingless boater could fly.

Today, having arrived at the near end of my game
My seat on the proem as I see,
Everyday dressed just the same
On the flower is the busy blending bee.

Permanence or cliff-hanger, both lie,
In their lazy chorus underlying theme,
Euphonious time stays, appears to wither and fly
Around the balanced, resolute stream.

The Bengali version of the poem is অভিযান, posted here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment