Friday, December 20, 2013

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas

I was trying to nail down
the painter in me,
but it came out in the open just for free.
It had to draw upon a canvas,
Jesus standing like Krishna,
with a flute in his hand;
playing the tune Merry Christmas.

I tore the canvas and broke it into pieces
I am not possessed,
I do not have the right to melange,
I do not have the right to speak,
I do not have the right to offend,
I do not have the right to imagine,
I do not have the right to paint;
I kept it deep inside the wishes.

Curse me o my friends,
Hang me until death,
I'd for the shepherds,
Cease to take my breath.

Yet I see up in the sky
thousands of balloons dancing
free and high
paintings fresh and new are singing inside us
The only single tune
Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment