Thursday, May 24, 2018

Reliving


Yesterday, I was thinking of yesterday
Living in dead hours
Yes to scrapped days
I wish I could say noterday
but dictionaries will be worried
beyond words, with naysayers;
anon with tomorrow I'm perpetually in wars
relay race continues to rehearse
mind ceaselessly carry memories, like hearse
it hardly has a trace
how it disappears behind grace;
hurt, hidden, punished, banished
in hell, in hell, in hell.

Powerless
I am slowly buried under the earth
I struggle to heal my moments
thousands of them, pouring in,
but I have also learned to plan and win
for days yet to be born
with my learned horn
my head, my head, my head is only alive
why!

I wish I could live light, feel good,
forever in heaven, engaged and full
but I have learned to live in my beautiful
dazed yesterday
with heaps of known sorrow
reliving in the dead tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment