Sunday, March 6, 2016

She has to go to work


In the end, she’d die
like every other lady.
But today, while making her Sunday lunch
with her comfortable, lazy hands
an indolent course that takes time,
she told she’d like to live in my lines.

Taking a picture is easier, I thought
a part of the shot.
But she! To be covered in lines,

How’d I write about the pounding of the heart
that lied on the ground on that first slow evening
drizzling on us facing the sky,
or about the sweaty hand that willed to write the story
of a prince and a princess,
or about the smiles that moved the brooks
but in time fell
as brown leaves in the history of pages.

Or
She wants me to write about the present moment?
She wants to die oh I see why.

Please remember I’d never want to go to work.
Women’s liberation, economic independence
Yes they’re important,
not for me.
For good or bad, I’d like to lean
withdraw money from the hidden wallet.

Then the evening gently drizzled I recall
as pleasant as a snowfall
but forever to freeze as a broken promise.

I see clouds stealing space in the sky,
it will soon rain.
Tomorrow, she has to go to work.

She never reads my lines
But she’d like to live in them, she said.

Listen

No comments:

Post a Comment