Monday, November 2, 2020

Faith


My most expensive faith, broken into pieces,
like a shattered bottle of a priceless wine;
the nectar that could offer me happiness
is giving the ground a sordid, bloody whine.

I see men, women, and children engaged
in wars, against the enemies of God;
it’s impossible to clarify and explain,
struggling with these terrible odds.

That you are unconditionally benevolent
and kind, even to those who don’t believe
in you, that you are beyond petty sentiment,
must be known to those unfortunate,
ignorant souls who are so hell-bent
in your godly way of ‘live and let live’.

My vineyard had become a graveyard,
grapes had turned bitter and sour,
only you can save the wailing world
in this most destructive hour;
I genuflect before you, with folded arms;
restore my faith in the elixir that’s supposed
to mesmerize us with its intoxicating charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment