Thursday, November 19, 2020

If only


If only the words, written
on the leaves
could cure the wounds
of the world,
I'd instantly know
that my silence was heard.

If only the words, lying
on the pages
could purify the beings,
I’d feel light and free
from the age-old cages.

If only the letters
would freshen up the air,
the land, and the water
I'd feel the soil had
responded to my prayers.

If only the words whistling
in the phrases
could bring back peace
in all the countries,
if they could have the spell
to erase every menace
from the face of the earth,
if words could solemnize the space
from the self-defeating habits,
destroy poverty and mediocrity
of the body, mind, and spirit
I'd definitely have the feeling
that the world, for good
is on its way to healing.

Else the most earnest of words
lose their very purpose,
they turn into beautiful quotes,
shallow, they emptily float
they’re hallowed, made famous;
if they were only tried,
they’d not be superfluous.

No comments:

Post a Comment