Saturday, November 28, 2020

Times

My world,
without a clock,
no need to keep pace 
with anything at all, 
I wake up when it’s 
still dark, I walk on 
the grass, flower my 
plants, wait for the dew
drops to soften my feet,
my face; oftentimes
I pray, play with my 
breaths; it’s a new life
new lines, full of space.


I love calling-bells
that ring only once,
when the maid comes
to cook;

My evenings start early
with lazy, unhurried,
long promenades by
the beach, I sit with my
tired legs for a brewing
coffee, sometimes with
some smiling faces,
I observe every bit of life
that surrounds me with
love, warmth, and affection;

All the stars in the sky,
flowers, fruits, birds in the
garden, they're ready
and available, like a
comforting tick-tock,
I look upon them as my
companions, soak in their
goings-on;

I think and laugh at all
my ignorance, my mistakes,
my rights and wrongs,
gone with the waves;

I thought my world ran
without any reminder
of time, until I touched
my heart, felt the
faithful beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment