Sunday, June 9, 2019

I am a refugee

I am a refugee
Aren't you also one?
This world, not for me?
Where'd I rather be gone!

I am a refugee.
A nomad.
In no man's land.
I'm perpetually on the run.
My space is lost.
Yours is won.

I'm in exile.
On the lookout
For a ground and a sky,
A cradle I can rely on.
If the world is my graveyard
I wonder where my kingdom lies
And where I belong!

Intelligent, kind leaders
Find us the answer
Where did we come from?
Give us a place
In your global village
Where we could live in solace,
Where we could sing a lullaby
To our babies
Before going to sleep.

Give us a corner
A piece of garden
Laden with trees
Give us a border
A pasture where
We could be at ease;
Play, dance, drink and eat
We could rest in peace.

Dear thinkers
Nothing is permanent
Under the blue firmament
Upon the azure sea
We're all moving travelers,
Nomads, visitors here,
We're all refugees.

No comments:

Post a Comment