Monday, June 24, 2019

Bring back



I wonder if I belonged
To any continent,
To any bordered territory!
The answer is no
Thank goodness though
For I belong to the world.
Unlike you, you, and you
I have a bird's eye view.

If atonement is not
Your cup of tea,
Then given the chance
You'll rewrite the same story,
The crimes will repeat,
You will bring back your defeat
All at once
You'll pollute the air,
Poison the seas.

My words with its wings,
Will break down the walls,
True or false;
Will bring back the long lost
Golden garden
Right here, in a trance
Where flowers will bloom,
Paradise will fall.

My feathers off the cage,
Light and free
I neither belong
To your continent,
Nor to your country.
Reborn in your backyard
I am this Bard
That belongs to the world.

Disclaimer : in English, 'You' is also an indefinite pronoun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment