Monday, July 10, 2017

Men at work

I was happy in my virtual world
editing, chatting, working
playing with engaging words.

When all of a sudden
I find the net disconnected.
Work stationed! Didn’t know what to do
waited blankly for an hour or two,
I saw something, can I ever forget?
By chance I met
those corporation men
out of nowhere
shredding a tree
and with it, they cut for free
my helpless wire
hanging lost, in indifferent air
red with anger I was on fire!
How did this happen you tell me hey
they just said sorry and went away.

Countless phone calls waited with pain
for the men to come and connect me again,
it happens only in India said my friends
when surprises trap you from end to end.

I'm happy to be here smiling with you
they came late, but connected me anew.
Now, I keep a close watch on those men at work

​​​​​​​so they don’t cut me off with a virtual jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment