Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Then you could come back to me

Clarity,
are you with me?

I am seeking the roof
speaking from the ground
in my hat and my feet
I have your sounds around
gray clouds thunder used words
bounded beliefs
have covered the brown book
leaves need to be free;
but clarity
are you with me?

Warm gestures
spreading the heat,
dead with still, immobile strength?
Skeleton words re-opened from the vault
overwriting its own obituary
yet talking of liberty
seeking the sky
grounded, buried
in words;
overlooking the beggars
claiming to eradicate poverty
are you still there with me,
clarity?

With what amazing foolproof reasoning
you stayed mute
in front of the court
where the lady was disrobed,
because they were molested by her spark?
On the hidden field
a disciple’s thumb was butchered,
because he was sharper?
To the hilltop
a shepherd had to carry his wooden bed
because he was talking of love
in a language you did not understand?
All this happened
under your behest,
in full sanity.

Oftentimes, now
stories are burnt
deforested, tonsured.

How long, for how long
will you stay,
freeze the blood,
choke the breaths,
make humankind helpless
in the name of a pervert process
why don’t you make your way
and let things be?

See
without you
clouds will whistle and sail
rainbows will shine after the rain
the world will glow in delight
the sky will not fall.
You standing so far like an inert wall
would you ever be overwhelmed with shame
come out of your lies
would you,
despite stony ears and eyes
clearly hear and see
horizons stretching in harmony,
could you endure the sight
of the roof and the ground
secure and sound
without wrath, bloodbath
taking a different path
without you
for a different journey.

Then, with nothing,
you could come back to me
For then
I could be in your company.

No comments:

Post a Comment