Monday, August 25, 2014

Hope and despair

Hope and despair

My hope and my despair,
Interchange between my table and my chair.
The table writes and the chair reads,
When one stops the other begins.

The chair links the thoughts,
The table connects the dots.
When hope flies in open arms,
Despair runs the deafening drums.

What I seek from them I don’t know,
Travellers for sure I see they are.
Sometimes they sit on the table and glow,
At other times they walk on the chair.

Reasons could be because I am young or old,
Or it could be because I am timid or bold.
It could also be for being black or white,
Most anything that goes as wrong or right.

I work all day running in and out!
Breaking free the tricky trap!
For moments I know what it’s all about!
When I truly find the hollow gap!

What a lovely pair they are,
A truly caring couple indeed!
If one is close the other not far,
Tied into my knotty deed!

Both in me this hope despair,
In and out they stay and travel.
I write on them from thoughtful table,
I read on them from charming chair.

25 August 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment