Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Being together

No, I don't want to take part in any
competition, I don't want to win
any prize, no recognition impresses
me, no, not anymore, I'm fairly sure,
I don't want to be the best, please go
ahead, I want to keep my kindness
intact, I don't want the rudeness of
being the best by stampeding all
the rest; right in the middle of
rewards and accolades, I'd be left
alone on the throne, being lonely
for me is way too costly. 

I know leaders have to be apart
from the crowd should they want
their precious crown, but I want
to be a follower, for I have seen
what leaders do, what winners win. 

Excellence? No, it doesn't come
from winning a battle, it comes
from being in the pride, or in the
cattle doing your best, not being
the best. Yearning to be the best
often makes you a beast
wanting to kill, waiting to feast. 

The real achievement for me
comes from the pleasure of
being and doing things together. 

2 comments:

  1. A very good attitude of being happy with the crowd than having killer Instincts to reach the top.

    ReplyDelete