Sunday, February 4, 2018

Revelation

When the sun fell on my bed I was in love with my dreams.
I knew, like any other day, I would have to stop.
Be under the influence of the alcoholic sun,
would have to forget I was struggling with dark words
showing faces, calling names; they suddenly fainted, vanished
blue horrors became fake, like the y2k,
everything seemed okay, sky didn’t fall, though I imagined
the sun to fall like a shooting star, on this earth, to change things
I got up, ran into the day, met people, walked my brown steps
wrote and talked about meadows and sparrows
ignoring, overlooking many stories of oppression, hatred, deceit
the rays have an effect; until evening, moon rose like a white flower
in the dark, everything’s so clear, I walked into my bed like a somnambulist
dead with words; my insomniac eyes waited for the fresh sun
in the middle of many nights, for the hope-drops, to discover on grasses…
simple, unmasked, eureka of Archimedes; wake up from this waking state,
purely mine, no sunny impact, drowsy eyes,
to read the same stories of treacheries, another unfulfilled journey
sleeping on the other side to be over-written; but now, huh ‘now’
this state of sleepy sleeplessness walking over me; several nights, like waves
waking up, sleeping are being in the blue; sea and ocean;
with the moon, there’s a longing to be gone
see a shooting star, imagine it as the falling sun
all sins of the world, refusing to wake up, will burn.


Selected for the Amaravati Poetic Prism Anthology 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment