Thursday, October 16, 2014

Doha

State of work

Everyone is working, laughing, playing
Boss, not proud, but worried about the job

Voice

Whenever the energy bundle’s voice rings
It sounds like a child, always, why

Yes, you are right

God is angry, revengeful; up in his arms to see you unsuccessful
Oh! Let me drink my coffee! Please?

Success

We are successful. Wars belong to the museums now.
Borders are protected from by the neighbours.

Personal

I kiss my lady. Onlookers pelt stones.
I burn her to death. Onlookers smell a personal choice.




Doha [normally in Hindi and Urdu], is a couplet with 24 instants (Matras) [13+11]. The rules for distinguishing light and heavy syllables are different in Sanskrit; In the Doha [English] I am trying to write, more than the rules, the message is important; couplet form is the only rule followed here. This is because, I am not a man of strict rules, I like rules when they function as banks of a river to mobilise its flow, nothing more and nothing less. Anybody can come and join in the river of Doha!


No comments:

Post a Comment