Monday, June 2, 2014

closed it firm

closed it firm

Through the pages,
There were stories trapped,
I was reading me, in all of them;
Who are they? I wondered!
In folded time, dressed like me,
Paged for love innocuous like me,
Banished in pen, like me,
How horrid is the link!

If I had thought and lived like them,
Am I their devil or are they my spook?
Where is the link?

I closed the book as a norm,
Looked at nature,
Yes I told I was quite like it,
In a way,
Yet unlike;
I opened the book and closed it again,
With fear and doubt,
A swelter mere, so should I fling?
What is the point I thought,
I am happy to link!

I opened the book, and closed it firm.


This poem is about taking responsibilities. Closing link (done three times in the poem) does not mean closing ties and bonds. However, living a life that has been lived thousand of years ago is something with which the poem doesn't comply. If you remember three shots of Meuresault in 'The Outsider', the first shot was a reaction, as a norm, the two following shots were conscious. It is about taking charge of the action, however sad it is; once one has committed an action, one has to stand by it. Here in this poem, only the third shot (action of closing the book) is done consciously. So when the book is closed for the third time, the poem is taking charge to withstand the discomfort and other consequences without blaming anyone. Closing here is a creative beginning. However, it is open to interpretations.

02 June 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment