Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Priceless moments



It's not possible for you
To remember everything
My child, the way your 
Father loved you
Every day and night, 
Cleaned your soiled bed, 
Took you in his untired 
Hands for long hours!

How he'd sing a lullaby
With you in his lap, 
And in the break of a dawn
How he'd sing you a
Morning song, feed you, 
Drive you to the school, 
Study, play with you too. 

I still feel your soft skin
My cheek touching your chin, 
Sleeping blissfully in my arms 
Making my dreams come true. 
But all of this my dear
How can you ever remember
You were just a little 
More than a toddler. 

Let me know, for all these
Gifts of beautiful memories, 
For these priceless moments
You have given to me my princess, 
What do you want in return?
Yes, I know I'm old now, 
But don't underestimate me
My grownup kid! My baby! 
I can still give you something
I know you dearly miss;
My warmest hug, 
And my forehead kiss. 

2 comments: