Thursday, December 31, 2015

A year that was, will be


This year passed in confinement.
Detached eyes and ears,
It also passed in sublime seclusion,
Time spent with me, myself
Many times in days and nights
I died and I cried
I also laughed and smiled
I did resurrect.

I lived through my virtual pen
That brought to me loving eyes and listening ears
This year, like the year that was
Without much attached rules and laws
My breathing space of hope and despair
Went... in an unheard fulfilment.
Content.

I have nothing to look forward to
Past is the future without a hint or clue.
Time is the predicament.

Nothing will change
In the minds weird, strange
Hunger for anger all around
Distaste for peace
Starving the poor without ground
Wouldn’t be closer to bliss
That, my pen would reflect.

Except for the sky on which I’d walk
I know the earth would feel
The flowers with whom I’d talk
I know grasses will see
Leaves will drop to heal
Their touch and their smell would come to me
I know, in the form of family and friends
With bones and flesh
Alive and lively for the sake of a few
My heart would beat next year too
With love, without repent.


No comments:

Post a Comment