Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The shameless

The shameless 

Perhaps poems would never be ever sung,
Exams would never be ever written,
When power is on fire, and humanity hung,
With children butchered by the nerves not shaken!
They were shot with all those inert guns
The sounds didn't move those hooligans!
What a shame, a display of weak cowardice,
Let us walk all uncovered right on the streets,
Our fingers on earth let write defeats,
How horrid is the purpose of living here!
Where poems are crushed with lethal care,
Clumsy, clumsy, clumsy are those adult minds
Who want to ruin and jeopardize,
They cleared those pupils from the earth
To prove their point of shameless worth!

December 16 will be remembered as the black day for humanity. On this day, 135 children were killed at gun point while writing their examinations. The credit goes to the some, perhaps a record in their CV to be proud of. However, the world is ashamed.


I heard a distinct voice telling me last night (20 December) that I need to change a word in this poem, that if I have to bring in peace, I cannot be unkind to an entire race because of some, the voice went on saying that my poems are written to re-establish the true nature of humankind; peace and love and friendliness to all. Therefore, I changed that word, and for the period it got a place in the poem I seek my readers’ pardon.

16 December 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment